Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Medical Physics
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The successful candidate will be expected to develop a vigorous research program complementary to existing research areas in Medical Physics, and collaboration with Boston-area hospitals. Focus will be placed on Radiation Therapy, however strong candidates in all fields of Medical Physics will be seriously considered. We seek an academically oriented faculty but clinical experience or current clinical engagement is a plus. Educational responsibilities will include developing and teaching graduate courses in radiation therapy along with supervising MS and PhD students. The compensation and start-up package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Department Overview: The Medical Physics Program in the Department of Physics and Applied Physics is currently supported by 12 faculty, full-time and adjunct, located at the UMass Lowell campus and partner institutions, including top-tier hospitals and medical schools in the Boston area. The academic program is accredited by CAMPEP. Current research areas include nanoparticle-aided radiation therapy, nanofilm radiation detector, diagnostic medical imaging, computational medical physics, internal dosimetry, radiation biology, and radiochemistry.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell offers an extensive array of research opportunities, including collaboration with our partner institutions in Boston. Among the possible resources being developed by UML is a vivarium with an integrated imaging suite sited in Andover, MA. Potentially, this facility will include a NanoScan PET/CT, NanoSPECT/CT, Bruker Biospec MRI, IVIS Spectrum optical tomography, Radio Labeling room with associated hot prep and housing, and an Xrad 320 irradiator for radiation therapy research. In addition, the UML Radiation Laboratory is host of a 1 MW research reactor, a 5.5 MeV Van de Graaff proton and light ion accelerator with proton imaging and microprobe capabilities, and numerous irradiation facilities for gamma, X-ray, and neutron radiography and radiobiology studies both in-vitro and in-vivo.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Ph.D. or equivalent degree in physics, medical physics, radiological sciences, nuclear engineering, or a closely related field
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching, research, and other scholarly activities in medical physics and related areas at the level appropriate with the academic rank
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Publications documenting research activity in scholarly journals
• Ability and commitment to work with diverse student and faculty population
• Postdoctoral research experience, board certification and/or licensure are desirable
Special Instructions to Applicants:
• Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close once an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
• Please include the following required documents with your application: CV, cover letter, research statement, publication list, and names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
To apply, please visit: https://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/503176/assistantassociatefull-professor-medical-physics